Songkrun JB 2018: Haziq's 1st Wet Run


 I must have being bringing Haziq to a lot of runs these days. Dahlia was quite upset when I told her that the both of us will be running at the MPJB Hutan Bandar on the weekend.

"Selalu berlari aje. Ni barang-barang kat rumah apartment tak tolong ambilkan lagi. Baby cot, kid stool, dengan besen mandi baby ada lagi kat situ. Asyik janji esok, esok. Tapi tak ambil lagi?"

Berpeluh dengar bebelan uminya.

To make peace, one day I dropped by the apartment to pick up all of those things she asked for. It was quite some time to pack up, but it was worth it. I'm not going to go running in the weekend with guilty conscience.


This run was quite unique in a way. The runners will be blasted with water hose and water balloons along the route in the Hutan Bandar.

They even got the help from the Fire Department.


Running in the Hutan Bandar is quite tricky actually. I've had ran in the area long ago while going out with Dahlia. The roads are quite narrow. If you're not careful, you might slip while running.

Just in case that no one escape the wetness, every runner was equipped with a water gun.

I always sprayed the gun at girls along the road. When she turns, I pointed to Haziq.

"Budak ni yang tembak!"

Ini budakmyaaaa.

 Hehehe....

They even have a hilly section of the route. I can't helped myself and just walk when come to this part.


The whole run should be about 4km. Since we're running in a close circuit, we had to ran it twice.

This what baffled me.

While running the whole thing, there were marks on the track that showed the distance that we ran. When we had completed the circuit the first time, it didn't show 2km when it supposed to.

Then I thought to myself, "Ahhhh, maybe they can't get the distance up to 4km then."

I'm also quite comfortable with the pace. It didn't felt like I'm running a lot.

Maybe it will be just 2km then?

So, it was quite a surprise when I checked the GPS that the distance was 4km all along. The wet run really made me lost sense of the distance.


The best of all? This is the first time that we had ourselves with McD burgers after the run courtesy of the organizer.

We have to think of something to make Dahlia smile for our next run, just in case.






Comments

  1. Gambar last tu apsal mcm berdarah2? Kena pukul dgn Kak Lia ke? Hahahha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts