Seri Alam Night Burst 2018: Haziq’s 1st Night Run





It was not a secret I’m using my runs with Haziq as a bonding sessions. It is hard to connect with the generation gaps, so I’m using whatever tools that I have to have a great time with him.

Running with Haziq does posed some challenges especially as a kid, he can’t really run the distance.  That is hard. Most of the run only have 10km and 5km. For Haziq it’ll be ideally a 3km distance. It was a gamble when I registered both of us in the Seri Alam Burst Night Run for the 5km. 

Minta-mintalah Haziq boleh lari…

The roads had been prepared long before the run started. According to Rosman, the separating cones had been aligned in the afternoon. For me , I foresee that it’ll be a huge runners tonight.

I was not disappointed.  We had to walk the distance just to park our car and get to the hall where the run will start.

The 21km had started at 8pm. When we arrived, the 10km runners were only started to line up at the start line. A short funny fact about the half marathon, my friend Hafiz had forgotten all about it. 

When I reminded him about the run, this is all he could say,

“Minggu ni ke kita lari? Cepatnya masa…”

I wonder how his run goes….

Haziq seem exceptionally excited for this run. I pulled him to the most front that we could do. Anticipating the start was quite tiring with the runners was all tight around us.

The early run for Haziq was quite brisk when the we had been let go. Actually, he had been zig zagging behind me to get to the spot with all the runners pushing through.


He doesn’t disappoint though. I don’t have high expectation for him. With my hydration running belt safety around my waist, I’m ready anytime if Haziq want to rest and have a walk.

That moment didn’t actually come.

It was me that always reminding him whether he wants to take a walk or not.

 It was always met with a defiant NO.

The route actually goes through the road back to our home. It was then when the rain started to fall heavily. Does that hamper our run?

Nah. Haziq just keep on running while counting the distance that we had covered, while brushing his wet hair to the back.

3km. Wow, lagi 2 km lagi abah!!!

4km. Yes, lagi 1 km lagi!!!


Along the run, I kept wondering why this kid keep going on even though I could see that he was clearly wobbling in the last straw of the route.

“Haziq tak nak sampai last la abah…”

As we cross the finish line, we got a place to sit resting our legs.

With his tired droopy eyes, munching on his banana, clutching proudly to his finishing medal, he said

“Abah bestla. Bila kita nak lari lagi?”

This is a proud father moment.

Comments

Popular Posts