Taruka Night Run 2017: You punya Jee Pii Esh tarak boleh fangsi ka?

There always have been this feeling of regret every time I went to any run. It will be along the line of, 'Why did I have to join this run?' type of regret. Usually, it'll manifest itself with lateness to the starting point, some problem with the running gears or worst - some sort of injury during the run.


Actually I had run 2 events after the Iskandar Night Run, but both of them bombarded miserably. Both had extremely wear me off unexpectedly even though they were just 10km runs.

Asiaflex Run: Larian kepanasan

I even managed to further humbling myself when I was dead last in the 2nd one. Making it worst, the organizer actually waited for EVERY runner to get to the finish line. So there I was smiling like a 'kerang busuk' having my gift bag from them on the stage with cameras flashing. It was a new experience to be celebrated as a loser...

Innex Run: Larian ke-loser-an

The uncomfortable feelings lingered with the Taruka Night Run. With Dahlia isn't that really in a great shape, there is this pang of guilt leaving them behind.

When the starting horn only being blown at 8.30pm, it was actually 45 minutes later than the time that they published in the tentative.


The upside about all that is that this was the only time ever that I'm early for any run. Easy parking spot - check.

When I've done running for 30 minutes, I had a cruel surprise when glancing at my GPS watch. What is this? No mileage had been recorded?

Punch start button.

No more file space.

What???!!! So all these time I've been running on empty?

Punch detect GPS satellite.

Seeking GPS signal.......

"Lambat pula signal ni.".... I had stopped for almost 5 minutes trying to figure out the watch.

I had to stop giving a flying care and just start running. It'll be hard running without the indication of mileage. You just can't give expectation when you'll arrive.

Luckily, my time running blind was cut short when I've reached the first drink stop.

"Bro, kat sini dah berapa km ye?"


"Aiyooo yennadey aney. You tada tau kaa berapa jauh you sudaaa lari? You punya Jee Pii Esh tarak boleh fangsi ka?"

I actually exaggerated that part. It  was just a Malay dude that looked perplexed at me answered a short, "4km." Most probably what actually played in his mind it was, "Alamak, poyo la mamat ni. Tanya berapa km plak. Lari tak lajuuu poonn."


Gained this new information breathed a new life of hope into my run.

Punch delete data.

Punch on GPS.

Punch start.

Run!!!

With the new target of completing the balance 6km, I found a new focus.

Overall, it was a great feeling. I didn't felt the usual fatigues that troubled me in the last two runs.

This is the first time that when I equipped myself with the compression shirt that it redeemed itself. When I wore it the first time during the Asiaflex Run, I felt this unnatural heating from the gear. Also felt the same trouble with the Innex Run after the Raya. Excessive sweat during the run wore me out faster than usual.

This time, I managed to extract the all the gears to my expectations. Remember, a shit runner is still shit regardless of what gears that he wears. And I'm not really that athletic to begin with.

The last bit part of the track was quite creepy. I remembered that the organizer clearly announced at the beginning before the start.

"Hati-hati kepada pelari 10km. Jangan sesat ketika berlari nanti."

Now I only understand and realized what all the fusses were about.


The track were these narrow roads that badly lit. Kudos to the organizer to think ahead by placing their men with spotlights along the road. It did help a little - a microscopic size of help since the roads, well they are some well known roads that are 'keras'.

Woooooooooo..............!!!!!!!!!

To finally touched the finish line brought a big relief. This is a great run to start my new fitness cycle. There will be a run in each following months with half marathons for November and December.


There was this curious moment at the organizer's table at the finish line. Seems like there were a sizable number of 5km runners that mistakenly got into the 10km route. Wonder how that happened? Does it have to do with the dark, narrow roads?

Huuuuu Huuuuu Huuuuu

¯\_(°°)_/¯





Comments

Popular Posts